If you’re looking for the right HVAC contractor for an installation or repair, there are several things you must look for to ensure a pleasant experience. Here are nine steps to finding the right HVAC contractor who can get the job done right the first time around.
- Understand license and insurance requirements. It’s always better to choose an HVAC contractor with the proper licensing and liability insurance over a company that lacks these professional aspects.
- Ask for referrals. Talk to friends, co-workers and neighbors. Find out who they recommend for the job based on positive experiences they have had in the past.
- Call references. Get in touch with a few HVAC contractors and ask if they have a list of references you can contact. Ask these references about their experience working with the contractor, including the project’s time frame, staying on budget and the contractor’s overall performance. Would they hire them again?
- Look for special offers. Rebates, tax credits and other special offers can help make your investment more affordable when installing new equipment.
- Choose a team that sells Energy Star-qualified systems. The higher efficiency and excellent features of Energy Star-qualified equipment make them worth the slightly higher price tag.
- Expect a home evaluation. If you’re upgrading your equipment, this is crucial. The contractor should properly size your equipment for optimal performance, which requires an inspection of your home.
- Ask for written estimates. Be sure to consider efficiency and warranties along with the total cost of the job, since the lowest bid might not deliver the efficiency you expect.
- Get everything in writing. Sign a proposal before work gets going so you’re legally protected. The proposal should include information about the project costs, model specifications, job schedule and warranties.
- Pass on your positive experience. If you chose equipment that you love and an HVAC contractor that exceeded your expectations, let your friends and family know so they can benefit as well.
At Robert R. McGill Air Conditioning, we strive to please every customer that comes to us for a repair or installation by meeting every requirement above. Contact us today for quality service or installation. We serve eastern Palm Beach, northern Broward and southern Martin counties.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about hvac contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
If you reside in Deerfield Beach, Parkland, Delray Beach then you can appreciate our knowledgeable AIR CONDITIONING Support. And our assistance is also available in Palm Beach Gardens, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach. AC is most essential devices for summer time and whenever it is crocked then please do not oscillate to contact with us for a clear calculate on your air conditioning device.
Filed under: Service & Maintenance
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!