Get Peak A/C Performance With These 5 Tips
The single most important appliance in your home during the summer is likely to be your air conditioner. Need help with your Air Conditioning in Palm Beach? With months of the cooling season remaining, use these five tips to improve A/C performance to increase your comfort and lower your bills:
- Check the filter monthly, if not more often. When dust builds on the air filter, it slows the passage of air through the air handler, which makes your system run longer and use more electricity. Eventually, dust can build on the evaporator coil inside the air handler. When too much dirt collects there, the coil won’t remove enough heat from your home, which can also cause the coil to freeze over. Besides running your system longer, when the frost melts, it can overflow the drain pan, creating water damage indoors.
- Clean the outdoor condenser throughout the season to boost A/C performance. Hose off the fins and coils. If you see evidence of grass clippings on the fins, use a brush to loosen them. Keep vegetation away from the unit’s exterior, since anything that interferes with cooling the refrigerant in the coils or hindering airflow reduces efficiency.
- Inspect the ducts periodically to make sure that they’re not leaking, which can raise your bills by as much as 30 percent. If your ducts are hard to access or are wrapped with insulation, contact an HVAC professional to inspect and fix them.
- Don’t turn down the thermostat way down to cool your home more quickly. Air conditioners cool at a static rate, regardless of thermostat settings.
- Have your A/C serviced annually. HVAC technicians check the operation of the whole system and bring it back to factory settings as much as possible to give you peak A/C performance. The appointment will include cleaning the indoor evaporator coil, checking the refrigerant pressure, removing dirt and dust from electrical components, and checking the fans and belts.
If you haven’t had it serviced yet this summer, it’s not too late to improve A/C performance. Contact Robert R. McGill Air Conditioning to learn more about how routine maintenance can lower your electric bills. We’ve served northern Broward, southern Martin and eastern Palm Beach counties since 1979.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Palm Beach County, Florida about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about getting peak A/C performance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide. So contact us today to help you with your Air Conditioning in Palm Beach
We are here to help you by providing our air conditioning service if you live in Atlantis, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington. And also our ac repair service is available in Boynton Beach, Riviera Beach, Century Village. AC is most essential equipment for summer and whenever it is disabled then please don’t make any confusion to contact with us for a free estimate on your ac unit.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!