Florida summers will put your air conditioning to the test like nowhere else. Keeping your home comfortable can be a difficult and expensive task since every time you lower your thermostat setting, your energy bill goes up. It’s a choice between comfort and cost. Fortunately there is a way to feel better without raising the price: Use ceiling fans in conjunction with your A/C.
A ceiling fan uses much less electricity than your HVAC system by circulating the conditioned air. Ceiling fans don’t cool the air, they just move it. A ceiling fan creates a wind chill effect to make a person feel cooler. By simply turning on a ceiling fan when you enter a room, you can set your thermostat four degrees higher and not feel a difference. This four-degree change can save you on your energy bills each month.
Here are some tips to help you get more from your ceiling fan:
- Place the ceiling fan in a room with a ceiling height of 8 feet or more and make sure the blades are 7-9 feet above the floor and between 10-12 inches below the ceiling.
- Do not install fans with the fan blades within 18 inches from a wall.
- Adjust the blade rotation. Air circulation should be counterclockwise in warmer months and clockwise during cooler months.
- Turn fans off when leaving the room since fans cool people, not air. There’s no use wasting electricity running a ceiling fan in an empty room.
- Make sure you buy fans with the Energy Star label, since they will use 65 percent less energy than standard models.
When you use ceiling fans together with your A/C you will be more comfortable for less money.
For more information on ceiling fans and getting more from your HVAC system, contact the experts at Robert McGill Air Conditioning. We’ve proudly served Eastern Palm Beach, Northern Broward and Southern Martin counties since 1979.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about ceiling fans and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
We are offering you the world most skillful air conditioning service in Ocean Ridge, Pahokee, Palm Beach, and Palm Beach Gardens. However our AC repair service is also found able in Parkland, Pembroke Pines, and Pompano Beach. AC is one of the most necessary equipment for summer’s heat and whenever it is disabled then please don’t make any confusion to contact with us for a clear fixation on your AC unit.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!