Keeping your home at a single, comfortable temperature is a difficult proposition. Some rooms end up too hot while others are too cold. The one thermostat that governs the entire house gets continually readjusted, ultimately damaging the system. The solution is to develop zoning system design that works best with your home’s layout and your family.
With a zoning system, the house is divided into several areas, each with its own thermostat, so that each can be heated or cooled as needed. But in order for a zoning system to be effective, careful planning is needed for the placement of each zone. Here are five tips to help develop zoning system design parameters.
- Keep each zone confined to a single floor. Hot air rises, and there can be as much as 10 degrees difference between one floor and another. A zone that covers multiple floors will have a significant temperature disparity between rooms and won’t be heated or cooled effectively.
- Group internal rooms together, keeping them separate from rooms around the perimeter. Rooms that share a wall with the outside will be affected by outdoor temperatures much more than rooms that don’t, giving them different heating and cooling needs.
- Keeping opposite ends of the house in separate zones will help both sides remain comfortable since the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- In each zone, put the thermostat in the room that gets the most use. This is essential to help develop zoning system design parameters effectively. Whichever room has the thermostat will be the most comfortable, so put it the living room, a bedroom or whatever room will have the most people in it.
- Be sure to have at least two different registers in each zone. This helps balance the airflow and ensures a backup source of air in case one register gets blocked.
For more information on how to develop zoning system design for your home, contact our experts at Robert R. McGill Air Conditioning. We’ve been the source for quality HVAC solutions for eastern Palm Beach, northern Broward and southern Martin counties since 1979.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Palm Beach County, Florida about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about zoning systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
We are providing you the global most competent air conditioning support in Deerfield Beach, Parkland, Delray Beach, and Palm Beach Gardens. However our AC auto fix shop is also discovered able in Parkland, Pembroke Pines, and Pompano Beach, Riviera Beach. AC is one of the most necessary devices for summer’s warm and whenever it is impaired then please don’t create any misunderstandings to get in touch with us for a obvious calculate on your AC device.
Filed under: Zoning Systems
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!